Playa del Carmen is an amazing place no matter what the weather forecast is, there are still fun things to be done on a rainy day!
Here is a quick list for you!
- Buy some popcorn, some sodas and have a Netflix day! watch your favorite series or movies without even getting up from bed, you can even have some friends over and make it a group activity!
- Go shopping! Playa del Carmen has a mall called Plaza las Americas where you can shop, shop and shop until you drop, the prices at this mall aren’t crazy because it’s not a super high end mall, however there are some nice stores where you can find some affordable nice things.
- Go to an underground Cenote! If you are an adventurous person, a little rain won’t stop you from going to an underground cenote and having a nice swim!
- Download some ebooks and start reading! Reading is a great activity for a rainy day
- Go to a coffee shop! There are 5 starbucks coffee shops on 5th avenue, if you are looking for a smaller and more local coffee shop go to Ah Cacao and have some fine pastries and some good coffee.
- Go to the movie theater! Playa has 2 movie theaters that you can go to, one in the mall Centro Maya, this is a smaller movie theater but still very comfortable, Cinepolis at Plaza las Americas has more options and it’s a bit bigger, if it’s a rainy day both cinemas might be a bit crowded.
- Have a dinner party! This is a great thing to do on a rainy day because your friends will be in the same situation as you, get together, cook something yummy and enjoy the evening with some wine and music.
- Get an umbrella and go explore some bars! Have a few drinks with friends and ignore the rain!
- Check out if there is anything playing at the local Art Theater and go enjoy a play or the ballet!
- Volunteer at the local animal shelter! Our furry buddies need company on days like this and what better opportunity to do something to help than on a rainy day!
- Hit the Gym! If you don’t have a membership get a daypass and get working!
- Go to a spa and get a massage! This is the perfect setting to relax and enjoy a good old massage, Playa has many massage places on 5th avenue or at the hotels!
- Catch up on sleep, a rainy day is perfect for sleeping!
- Go to an art gallery! There is a great one on the Federal Highway and 2nd street, there are over 150 paintings and works of art that you can look at.
- Check the weather forecast to see if it’s safe to drive to Merida, Cancun, Tulum or Bacalar and rent a car and go explore whichever place you choose, rainy days are perfect to take small trips to other places and enjoy some not rainy weather!