HAPPINESS, such an important word for all the people in the world, doesn’t matter what culture, age, gender, beliefs or social status, we are all looking for it, and we all have different meanings to this particular huge word.Here are 3 of the most popular meanings:
1. Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.
2. Mahatma Gandhi said “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
3. My favorite definition is by Aristotle who said “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.”
But most of us don’t really think about the meaning of happiness because we are so well aware of it, when we feel it, we just know it’s happening.
With today’s world being such a stressful place, lives being lived so fast, always in a hurry, always worrying, being unhappy is proven to affect every aspect in a person’s life, health, family relationships, personal and even professional.
Why practice happiness?
- Happy people make more money, because they are more productive at work
- Happiness is good for the health, when you are happy you are less likely to get sick
- Happy people have more friends, better relationships and a funner life
- Happy people make better decisions and are more likely to get better results because of positive thinking.
The question is “What makes people happy?“
Studies have shown that Mexico is definitely in the top 5 for Happiest countries, but not only is it proven that people are happier here but also, people are happier when they are near the beach, most people think of their happiest moments and associate the memories to a vacation with family or loved one at the beach, when they had time to relax, not had to worry about what time it is or what they had to do next, learning about another culture gives us a sense of enjoyment, enjoying a good meal and getting the best customer service is just what people would describe as Nirvana “A place or state characterized by freedom from or oblivion to pain, worry, and the external world.
Playa del Carmen described by people as the Hakuna Matata place
We know that the ultraviolet rays in the sun can improve your sense of physical and emotional wellbeing by stimulating the production of vitamin D – this boosts our production of serotonin, the chemical that works to keep us feeling alert, up-beat and happy. But it can’t all be about the sun.
So we went ahead and did a survey on the famous 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen to discover why almost a hundred percent of the people we see in playa del Carmen have a big smile on their face, families seem closer together, couples having candle lit dinners enjoying the Caribbean breeze, or people just strolling down fifth with a relaxed look on their face, and this is in regards to not only tourist but locals, people In general just seem to be happier here.
100 people were asked these 2 simple questions:
Are you happy right now?
Why are you happier in Playa del Carmen?
- The beautiful beaches, the amazing weather and the sound of waves give me a sense of peace and well-being.
- My family and I grow more together here because we spend the best quality time.
- I feel happier than ever because of the whole ambiance, culture, and diversity.
Here is what we got:
30% of the people chose a) the beautiful beaches, the amazing weather and the sound of waves give them a sense of peace and well-being. It is a well-known fact that there are many health and wellness benefits that come with being near the beach.
40%of the people chose b) so this proves that family relationships just improve because of the amount of time they spend together enjoying the Caribbean and the amazing wonders found here.
30%percent of the people chose c) just because they feel happier than ever because of the whole ambiance, culture, and diversity. There is something for everyone here, clubs, restaurants, bars, nature, mayan culture, etc.
Jeannie Lawson from Massachusetts: Me and my family are closer than ever and I think it’s a combination of everything just enjoying the beaches, cenotes, just doing fun things that bring us closer together
Mike Baker from Ontario: I come here all the time to relax, I own a house here and this is my ideal place to get away from the cold snow and the stress, wind down and be who I am in my shorts, sandals and a good old fashion beer
So 100% of the people said they were happy, so… that’s the secret of happiness in Playa del Carmen, POSITIVE ENERGY, combined with the beautiful settings, people just get here and won’t stop smiling and as you look around, you notice it’s contagious so, plan a trip, grab your bags and be a part of the happiest group of people in the world!