A “rainy day” in beach paradise is nothing but a great opportunity. In Playa Del Carmen, visitors are in a great place to get the best of both worlds. We´ve listed those things that can be done when the weather is not cooperative with getting tanned on the beach. In fact, this is actually what makes Playa such a stand out amongst other places.
1) Take in a movie. The cinemas are excellent and inexpensive.
2) Get out in the rain a bit- buy an umbrella and walk around in the rain… splash in the puddles.
3) Find a restaurant street side and watch the people go by.
4) Stroll one of our malls. The Plaza Las Americas and Centro Maya.
5) Visit an arcade. Both malls have them. Be a kid.
6) Head to a pub and watch a game (soccer is pretty popular right now during the rainy season)
7) Play some board games or cards under a palapa on the beach.
8) Use this as an excuse to make Abuelita hot chocolate.
9) There is also a casino at Plaza Las Americas
Enjoy the day! And by the time the rain clears, you may find you have time to get to the beach and catch a tan too.