Honeymoon guide: Romantic resorts on Mexico’s Caribbean coast
The resorts along Mexico’s Caribbean coast have enough variety to please the most demanding honeymooners. Here they’ll find luxury resorts, eco-chic properties, resorts that hum with activity, and those that have a more subdued, sophisticated vibe. They can keep things simple by choosing an all-inclusive resort, or choose a pay-as-you go property, which encourages getting off-resort to explore the locale.
- The beachfront resort has 41 palapa-roofed villas furnished with canopy beds and hand-carved stone dining tables. Villas also have their own private patios, hammocks and plunge pools. Viceroy Riviera Maya
- The spa at Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita specializes in thalassotherapy treatments using seawater, seaweed and marine mud. All 90 suites at Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita have unique décor collected from around the world.
- The adults-only Viceroy Riviera Maya is perfect for couples who want to combine a luxurious resort stay with easy access to the social swirl of the colorful beach town Playa del Carmen. Viceroy Riviera Maya
- Azulik is a villa beachfront resort in Tulum, further down the Caribbean coast of Mexico.Azulik is adults-only and gay-friendly, and has an an eco-conscious ethos.
- NIZUC Resort & Spa has 274 suites and private villas offering a sedate and sophisticated beach vacation experience.